Brown Street Teens

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

dont forget the Christ in Christmas

With Christmas just 5 days away I can't help but look back at all the Christmas's that I have had in the past. The ones where my wish list would be 2 feet long, the one where I would grovel and beg for the new barbie doll that I just had to have because all my friends did too. The Christmas that I would walk past store windows and make a mental list of the toys I wanted that I would never touch again after new years. The cheap toys and gifts I receieved that lasted a week or so then sat and gathered dust. I never really appreciated the Christ in Christmas until last year. I never really fully grasped the concept that Christ was born to die so that we could all one day pray for Him to save our lives. (go listen to "I Celebrate The Day" by Relient K, its the best Christmas song) in my december issue of Brio I saw a really good article that started off like this:

CHRISTMAS IS A GIFT

wrapped...
not in brightly colored paper and ribbons
but in swaddling clothes

nestled...
not under a green needled tree
but in a manger

given...
not by earthly parents or friends
but by our Heavenly Father

Sent...
not because it was expected
but from pure love

Planned...
not at the last minute
but from before the creation of the world

Guaranteed...
not for a year, or even five years
but for eternity

if we would just stop and think about everything that is said there it really brings us to anew understanding of what Christmas really is. if you arent quick enough to pick up on what the gift is the gift if Jesus, and through Jesus the bigger gift is our salvation!

i pray that God blesses you all with a great Christmas and i hope you will all see beyond the tree and tinsel to what God has sent to US on this day!



♥ B r i t t a n y ♥

2 Comments:

  • Yes! Thanks for the good word, Brittany!

    2 Cor. 9:15 -- "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"

    By Blogger Clint, at 8:04 AM  

  • That is right!!!!!!! He was a gift!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home