Brown Street Teens

Monday, November 27, 2006

Chocolate Pudding

Well, hello everyone. I know I don't usually post on here, but I thought that it was high time that I started. I've been thinking for the past few nights on what I should post about, but nothing was coming to mind. Finally, while doing my devotions last night, it just kind of slapped me in the face, "Why not post about patience?!"
I know for me that patience is one of the things that I struggle with the most. (Trust me, living with 3 brothers requires a ton of patience.) It's so easy to get frustrated with the smallest of things and then we end up blowing up at someone that wasn't even involved. I think the lack of patience kind of has consequences in itself. For example, if you're making chocolate pudding, you have to keep the stove at an exact temperature, so that the pudding won't burn on the bottom. On top of that, you have to stand at the stove stirring and stirring and stirring, until the chocolate gets thick. Well, an impatient person would turn the heat all the way up and only stir once in awhile. They would get the pudding cooked faster, but when they go to taste it, it tastes like burnt wood. So in the end, the impatient person would have a fast cooked, but bad tasting pudding, while the patient person would have a slow cooked, but wonderful tasting pudding. (Can you tell that I have personal experience with this? :) ) Anyway, enough about pudding. One night while flipping through my Bible, I came across this verse about patience. I highlighted it, but never paid attention to it until later. Now I have it memorized and I just thought I'd share it with all of you.
"But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:4
Everytime I just want to give up or yell at someone in frustration, I remember this verse. Basically it's saying that we should let patience do its work, so that we can be made complete, at least in that area of our lives. I know at the moment that it might seem pretty much impossible to have patience, but in Philippians 4:13 it says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I don't know about you, but I would much rather have chocolate pudding, then burnt.
*~Kristen K.

5 Comments:

  • am i guessing thsis is Kristen Keys... great post! how about that patience about that certain someone? is it going well? lol have you talked again yet?

    By Blogger B r i t t n e e, at 5:03 PM  

  • haha, yeah its me. I fixed the post so that my name would be on it. yes, things are going very well with that one person. thanks for asking. :) love you! <3

    By Blogger Kristen, at 9:21 PM  

  • let's all sing HEY for some incredible chocolate pudding... I actually had to make some for Thanksgiving and I know exactly what you mean :]. I didn't think of this, though, thanks for a fabulous metaphor hehe

    love ya!

    By Blogger Rosieee!, at 3:58 PM  

  • woohoo congrats e-team leader!!! love yaaaa! lol

    By Blogger B r i t t n e e, at 4:36 PM  

  • the party last night was a ton of fun !! I don't think I'll get to be back again until New Year's or so, so MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOOOOOU :]

    By Blogger Rosieee!, at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home